Sunday, February 05, 2006

karma on the run

Last night's dream was probably the most exciting (or second most exciting) and best recollectable dream I ever had or at least remember having. I actually can't wait to go back to sleep tonight and see if I can continue the dream and find out what happens in the end. If it ever ends.

To help you get an idea of what my dream is all about, it was an "X-Men: Evolution" themed dream/episode where I assumed the character called Spyke. And he's my least likeable character too on the show. Whatever. Let's begin the dream in question here.


I (meaning me as Spyke) was getting ready to join this race in a maze like competition akin to the Third Task as in 'Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire'. There were loads of other people as well like me already there but the unusual thing about it was that the rest of the people were black kids like me. Each and every single one of them. I'm not trying to be racist or anything here but it's just something that I noticed and found slightly odd. The two referees or judges were none other than Ororo aka Storm and Logan aka Wolverine.

Not too long after I arrived, the race took off and I immediately dashed and found myself in the lead already. I had amazing stamina and speed where the most amazing thing that I recalled from the dream was that I did a lot of running. I remembered running on and on through the maze or hedge-lined paths for what seemed forever and strangely I don't recall getting tired or exhausted at all. I could see people trailing behind me and I felt happy that I was first and had a huge lead.

Suddenly I came upon Rogue climbing over some hedges ahead of me. And it wasn't regular Rogue. She was incredibly 'chibi' like in appearance but not so 'South Park' like as in the image but more like tiny-anime-chibi likeness. She was like a plushy toy except that she could move, talk, and run like a normal person. So, chibi-Rogue was climbing over the hedges and was just frantic like rabidly trying to run away from somewhere or someone. I tried calling her to no avail so I chased her through rows of thorny hedges until I finally caught up because she was so small. When I grabbed her, I could hold her body in my own hand like a tiny doll when she suddenly fainted in my hand. I didn't know what to do so of all things to do, I just decided to continue the race.I still held Rogue in my hand though.

When I returned to the race path, I was still way ahead of everyone else even though I took a fairly long detour when I chased Rogue. I continued on the race with the unconscious chibi-Rogue grasped neatly and softly in my hand. After running for a while more, and turning right I came upon this gorge in the middle of the path where there was this hole in the wall on my right. The hole looked like something or someone big destroyed it and left this disaster area right in the middle of the pathway. I very narrowly escaped from falling into the gorge. I just then proceeded to track carefully over it by clinging to the edge and getting across safely.

Still I ran and ran without stopping for a breather even until I came to this big fork in the path. The left one lead to a bridge where the bridge lead to another maze like path with hedges all around. The right one lead to a dodgy looking path into some building that looked like a mad scientist's secret laboratory place. Then suddenly, the building actually flashed for a moment revealing a concealed building behind it like a hologram image which then flicked back on again.

I don't know why but I actually decided to take the right path instead of investigating it or even think about trying to get Rogue some help. And I still held her in my hand as I ran ahead to the next path.

Where upon I then woke up. And I swear that for a minute or two I could still feel Rogue in my own hand. It took a while for me to wake myself up mentally and recover from that dream and not feel like I was a mutant. Oh yeah, I also didn't even use any of my own mutant powers during the whole time I was there. The running without exhaustion was not Spyke's powers but something else entirely.

I'm still trying to decipher what the dream meant to me but I seem to be doing a lot of running in my dreams recently. There were a few dreams on several separate nights ago where I recalled running too. I really wonder why I was running and where to or where from.

No comments: