Thursday, August 14, 2008

broken again

I've been having some robbery related dreams lately, haven't I?

Anyway, to get down to it, I actually woke up expecting to find my apartment in a mess and all trashed up with things strewn everywhere and literally looked like it was robbed overnight. In last night's dream, it started out with my brother walking in the front door telling me that Shauna's, whom I have no idea who that is, apartment in the same building was just robbed. So we did what any normal minded person would do and locked our doors. Then several minutes later, our door was being forcefully broken into and before I know it, a group of maybe four to five guys came storming into the apartment brandishing knives and ordering us to have our hands up and don't move.

They started ransacking the place and grabbing any valuable thing that wasn't tied down. We were both too shocked for words to even react or speak. They went on their business for a good five to ten minutes and immediately left when they got their fill. We were still in a state of shock but as we slowly picked up the pieces, we recovered. Most of my valuables were gone, my wardrobe was turned upside down, my bags were turned inside out and my room looked like a tornado came and went in seconds.

The details of the aftermath is kind of sketchy but I recall us having to cook somewhere else in the common kitchen apparently, because we couldn't use ours for some reason. When we got back to our apartment, the same robbers were back there again, for more. They decided to make some stupid banter with us and demanded that they show us where our real valuable stuff was. After this, the dream just became a muddle and I woke.

Oh, God. I really hope I don't have another one like that ever again. It's too surreal and doesn't do anything for my security of being here.

No comments: