Wednesday, November 14, 2007

from beyond

Man, just when I thought my dreams couldn't get any weirder, my jumbled mind goes and pulls a stunt like the one I had last night.

It wasn't just weird, it was hella strange. It seemed like every piece from every corner of my mind came crashing down together on this big landing strip that was my subconsciousness and started forming odd goings-on which was unheard of or even aware of at all.

One of the more vivid recollection of my dream last night was that of this kingpin dude from Prison Break selling his wares in a cafeteria and talking with his customers in daily Malay language as if he had been talking that way for ever. First of all, he's Panamanian in character and probably American in reality, so I don't know where the Malay speaking part came from. Secondly, I think when it was my turn to order some food, I tried ordering some dish that looked like rendang with rice but opted for the nasi goreng in the end. Also, I didn't have enough money at that time and remember thinking that AUD$10 for a dish of nasi goreng was a ripoff. And the whole time the non-Malay-so-obviously-American dude was conversing with me in Malay. And I don't think I paid off my friend who loaned me the rest of the money to buy my food.

After getting my food, I remember I was with this friend, whom I cannot remember now but just that we were all wearing the same clothes. Kind of like those psycho wards in the hospitals or mental institutions except that this one looks a lot like the one in Heroes where the Company abducts people and do crazy experiments and inject them with deadly viruses. So yes, there were other people as well eating and talking and I remember vividly this guy who looked like Gin from the anime Bleach except that he wasn't in anime form but rather what he would look like if he was a real human being in the real world.

Then, the scene switched to me sitting at a table with my nasi goreng and eating our meal with some other people whom I didn't recognise but appear to know. I can't really remember what happened after that but I would presume that I finished my meal and then went back to wherever we came from in that odd place.

So, what did I learn from this dream? That I'm watching too much Heroes, Prison Break and Bleach probably. And that the more I attempt to interpret my dreams, the more confused I become. Perhaps it's just time to let go, enjoy the ride and take it all in for once.

Oh and just a little reminder about you people not getting into Heroes yet. Do it! If not you're missing out on some hot shirtless Peter/Milo nekkidness action, which almost half of the episodes so far this season have the ever steaming and sizzling Milo half-naked, wet, angsty and just looking smoking hot in every scene he's in. Clothed or not. But I prefer him unclothed, don't you?

No comments: